Saturday, February 19, 2011

Shopping Lauren


Shopping Lauren
Originally uploaded by judkajudy
My granddaughter turned ten yesterday! She is so beyond the age of ten when it comes to shopping, fashion and anything girlie! This year she requested money for her birthday as she has an electronic gizmo in mind. When I saw this "Shopping Lily" stamp on the Kaboodle Doodles site, I knew it could be a "Shopping Lauren"! This will go in the mail on Tuesday.

I used glitter pens to accent the sunglasses and the shopping bags, as well as other little places. A girl can't have too much glitter!

I snuck the camera out of my husband's luggage in order to take this photo. He leaves for a misison trip to Ethiopia on Monday. We have talked about it for so long, and the day is almost here. He will be installing water pumps in villages where the women walk at least ten miles for water! Please keep him (and me) in your prayers for a safe journey!

5 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, Judy, the mission trip has come up so quickly. I will definitely keep your hubby (and you) in my prayers! He's taking the camera? Hope you have another one. Love this darling card for your granddaughter! Adorable image!

Unknown said...

Super cute card! :)

Dawn T said...

what a cute card ~ just right for a girlie 10 yr old. And I wish you hubby all the best for his mission ( and that you stay safe at home holding the fort)

donna mikasa said...

This is too cute, Judy! I love the circle shape and that image is perfect for your Lauren! She'll love it!

Big hugs to Larry for a safe journey and for all that they're doing on the mission. Safe return, too...

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Judy, this card is too cute--love the little girl. I will pray for your husband (and for you)that he has a safe trip to the mission field and safe trip home. God bless you.