Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sizzix Die Cuts


Sizzix Die Cuts
Originally uploaded by judkajudy
This isn't a Valentine (obviously), but it is part of my Valntine's Day celebration! I spent my days off from work cleaning my house and preparing for a Valentine dinner for 19 last night. The menu was Swedish meatballs on egg fettucini. Guests brought side dishes and desserts. My house is on the small side, but we set up our former dining room table in the living room and then had three tables of guests. Ended with three games of "Catch Phrase" that became more hilarious as people realized they hadn't brought their glasses along and were frantically swapping reading glasses before their turn! A good time was had by all, and why do i worry and fret so?

Anyway, back to the Valentine story! When my dh asked what I wanted for Valentine's Day, my answer was, "A trip to the new Joanne's on the other side of the city." And the gift was there was to be no complaining! So, after church we had lunch at the mall and headed to JoAnne's. It was there I bought these Sizzix dies and a Sizzix embossing folder. All paper crafting items were 40% off!

Next stop: Michael's where I bought the flower Martha Stewart punch and some fun little items. The circle notecard came in a packet of 8 cards and envelopes for $1.00!

While I was shopping at Michael's, DH went to the sporting goods store and bought new golf shoes! So, we both received what we wanted for the holiday. And that's not all: tomorrow night we are going to PF Chang's for dinner!

My husband is leaving on a mission trip to Ethiopia on February 21st and we are dining with our Pastor who is also going on the trip, and his wife. Thought we spouses should share our feelings about the upcoming trip.

So, I hope I am back to stamping and done with house cleaning for awhile! Our weather is sunny and in the 60's today! What a wonderful change from the snowy cold winter!

Hope your Valentine's Day is full of fun surprises and time to do the things you love!

4 comments:

Lin said...

A perfect weekend, Judy! Love what you made with your "loot"!!!

Dawn T said...

sounds like a fun dinner Judy. Love this cute little card. Love the flower in the froggie's mouth,

Barb said...

Love your adorable card made with new goodies! Sounds like everyone had fun at your dinner. Happy Valentine's Day, my friend!

donna mikasa said...

Hi Judy! Thought of you after the Packers' Super Bowl win! Thanks for sharing what you created after a fun shopping run. My prayers that Larry has a safe journey...