Thursday, May 10, 2012

Blossoms and Buttons

100_4515 by judkajudy
.
I made this card using Paper Trey Ink's "Blooming Button Bits" set.  I'm entering it into the challenge being held at Catered Crop which is to incorporate the letter "B" somehow in your card.  Obviously, my "B" items are the blossoms and buttons!  Visit their blog for the details.  The challenge closes on Sunday, so you have time to become involved!

I was inspired to use Washi Tape by Donna Mikasa's darling felt cupcake card; however, I have no Washi tape!  I did remember that recently the use of "faux" Washi Tape was demo'd on A Blog Named Hero.  So, I trummed some pieces from assorted patterned paper and I like the look!

The flowers are stamped using a variety of Distress Inks.  I am pleased to be re-visiting some stamp sets that have been dwelling too long in the drawer! 

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

donna mikasa said...

love your faux washi, Judy! so clever! And I thought your flowers were chipboard--so cool!!

Lin said...

What a fun, colorful card, Judy!

Cindy C. said...

Judy I love this bright and cheery card!

Barb said...

I love this, Judy! So bright and happy! Fab job on the faux washi tape - so fun! :)

Brenda said...

Love your pretty flowers and faux Washi Judy!

Dawn T said...

beautiful card Lin. Great looking faux washi