Sunday, June 16, 2013

Butterfly Kisses


Butterfly Kiss
This is an image from Penny Black's woodblock stamp "Butterfly Kisses".  It's a great image to color and would adapt well to paper piecing..

I used Copic markers to color the flowers and butterfly.  I added white dots wtih my pen and put some glossy accents on the butterfly.  The flower centers have been highlighted with a glitter pen, which doesn't show up very well on camera.

Thank you to everyone who left comments on my card for the Stamp Squad blog hop!  How fun to meet some of you and to see messages from old friends.  I am so happy to be on the Stamp Squad and so happy to be playing with Penny Black stamps.

It is a hot summer day here in Alabama.  I set out to take Cooper for a walk and he planted hs feet firmly on the sidewalk and chose to return to the air conditioning!  Spoiled little dog!!  Or smart little dog!  I'm wondering if the sun is too bright for his eyes; being an all white dog, his eyes may be more sensitive.  I know I feel more comfortable wearing sunglasses.  I'll have to check into that!

Enjoy your day and thank you for stopping by. 

7 comments:

Greta said...

Oh yes, I wanna see a picture of him in his sunglasses! I'm quite sure someone makes them for doggies! Beautiful card, Judy--always love your coloring!

Lin said...

This is a sweet image, Judy, love how your card turned out!

Sally said...

Beautiful coloring, Judy - love the double embossed matting for the pretty image! Hope Cooper decides to brave the heat soon - he would look quite dapper in some shades!

Marilyn said...

Pretty! Fab colouring and gorgeous image.

Barb said...

So pretty, Judy! Love how you so softly colored the flowers and butterfly!

I think Cooper would look adorable in sunglasses! :)

Dawn T said...

Such a pretty card Judy. Cooper would look rather cute with sunnies.

Deirdre said...

So beautiful Judy - love it.