Thursday, June 6, 2013

Deborah Nolan's May Card Chain Challenge

Every month Deborah sponsors and coordinates an exchange of cards among stampers from all around the world.  Deborah presents options: follow a sketch, use a given combo of colors or create a card using a specific theme (friends, birthday, etc.).  Well, I must have been feeling a bit independent when I made a card for Jan in Alaska because I chose none of the above!!

I allowed the muse to take over and this is the card I made:

100_5345

I used Penny Black's transparent set Hedgie Friends for the fellow on the bicycle; I put the little mouse from Garden Critters in the basket, with a butterfly leading the way!

Jan has received the card and seemed to enjoy the happy scene!  Of course, bicycle-riding season is probably very short in Alaska!!  Hope this helps brighten some of those long dark Alaska days this winter!!

I am literally counting the days until little Evelyn arrives.  Only twelve more!!  I wonder if her Mom and Dad would consider moving closer to Grandma?  I will be jealous of all the people who will see her every day while I have to be content with Skype and occasional visits. 

Thanks for your visit!!  And your kind comments.

6 comments:

Barb said...

Another darling card, Judy! Just love this trio of friends! I'll bet Jan loves this card!

I'm looking forward to some photos of little Evelyn when she arrives! :)

joy said...

Lucky Jan to get this cute card! I love the blues (my favorite color) and I'm sure she loves this card, too.

I, too, tried to find your e-mail - here is mine:

jmeadows17 at neo dot rr dot com

The name Evelyn for a girl is just so pretty and a bit old-fashioned, too. My eleventh great grand was born last month in Missouri. Who'd a thunk it???

Lin said...

I'm SURE Jan loved this - it made me smile! I'm counting down those days right with you! So exciting!

Dawn T said...

Such a sweet card. Lucky Jan. Enjoy spending time with your little one

Unknown said...

Mom, Your time with your grandaughter is directly related to the amount of spam rolls we recieve. 8 days and counting!

Pam from Maine said...

This card is so stinking cute! I really like EVERYTHING about this card. I also love PB stamps.