Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Blooming Garden

Blooming Garden by judkajudy
 
I was inspired by Penny Ward's recent card where she stamped in brown ink on kraft and added white ink. Well, this is what happened when I tried to CASE her work!

I have managed to include checks, dots and stripes in one small space! I've used PB's Dots in Space for the dotted pattern, and the poppy from the transparent set Blooming Garden.  I have used my new patterned paper from My Mind's Eye.  The leaf die cut is from PB's Creative Die set Leaves.

The original poppy image was stamped directly onto the pp and colored in with Copics. When I added the second layer of petals, I twisted them a bit to make the flower larger and let the color just peek through. I like the effect of a fuller flower that resulted.

My original plan was to add a red checked ribbon (it was laying on my desk), but in the end, the brown won out. I know my blogging friend Donna Mikasa will approve of my color choice here!

Well it's Wednesday and that means the grocery ads came out... since I am the hunter-gatherer of the family off I went to collect the "buy one get one free" specials. It's my version of treasure hunting! Ugly black clouds had threatened rain all day and guess when they burst open? You guessed it .. just as I was leaving the store! It was still worth the trip.

So glad you keep stopping by! Otherwise I would just be talking to myself here.

9 comments:

Barb said...

Ah, Judy - your posts always make me smile and usually make me laugh! Love reading them!

Your card is so charming! I love the three patterns together! And your popped up, full flowers look awesome! :)

Lin said...

Love how this turned out, Judy! Must try this idea on other paterned papers!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

You outdid yourself! Gorgeous!

Sue McRae said...

I love how the flowers meld yet pop with the background. This is really a fab card Judy.

Sally said...

So pretty, Judy! Love the depth and textures in your design from the patterned papers. It is so refreshing to see brown again after all the bright summery colors!

Dawn T said...

what a challenge to use the different patterns. You've done a great job here Judy.

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, my first time here and this card is really great. I love it.

Unknown said...

Mom,

Love this card. Very nice details. Can't wait to see baptism card.

Love you son.

Greta said...

Love this brown beauty, Judy! I always admire your perfect stitching!