Saturday, September 28, 2013

Holly Concert by Penny Black

100_0191.JPG by judkajudy
 
It's Saturday and I am happy to be back at my desk and blog today! The original plan for the weekend was to travel to Atlanta for the weekend to spend time with grandchildren, but a bout of back spasms and a misadventure with the heating pad meant no long car rides for me for awhile!

So Plan B included making a Christmas card instead!


I created the background by stamping and embossing in white on white cardstock Penny Black's new Christmas release background stamp Decadence. I then colored the surface with a variety of Distress inks and Delicata gold ink. I sprayed a fixative on that surface and then stamped the Holly Concert image onto the background using black ink and then embossing with clear. I colored the birds and holly branch with Copics. The texture of the background makes the birds and holly look like an oil painting, as there is quite a bit of texture on the surface. "Peace" has been cut using the Penny Black creative die set Peace, Love, Joy. I stitched the three layers together and decided I really love the look! For some reason I am really excited about bird images for Christmas and Penny Black has released at least three wonderful bird images for Christmas!!

I think that "decadence" background stamp is well-named!  It is scrumptiously detailed.

Hopefully I will be able to set the Christmas stamps aside now and then and make more Autumn themed cards.  But you know how it is when you have new stamps ... just gotta ink them up!!  Happy weekend and thanks for stopping by.  Oh, and never sleep while you are laying on a heating pad turned up to "high".  Don't ask me how I know!!

9 comments:

Barb said...

So nice to know there's always plan B! I'm sorry your back isn't doing well, Judy - hope it feels better soon! Lesson learned with the heating pad, I'm sure - (not asking.)

Love that sweet stamp! Your background turned out gorgeous and love your coloring on the wonderful image! Sending hugs! ♥

Pajalu said...

Judy I hope you are feeling better soon. Back spasms don't sound like fun. Your card is stunning! I just love everything about it.

Greta said...

Hope you're feeling better soon, Judy! This is gorgeous!

Dawn T said...

beautiful card Judy. The colours are wonderful Hope the back is getting better so you can get to see the grandies soon.

joy said...

Beautiful card, Judy! I love that background and your design is so pretty. Sure hope your back is better by the time you go to see Evie!!

Cat Craig said...

Judy, this card is lovely. The colors are so inviting.

Cindy C. said...

Hey Judy sorry to hear about your back, but the Christmas card is awesome!

Penny Ward said...

Beautiful card! You and birds...what's up with that? I so love that background...just lovely!

Sally said...

Oh Judy, I love everything about this beautiful Christmas card, especially those sweet little blue birds and the decadence background! Hope you're feeling better very, very soon! Thinking about you - hugs!