Monday, February 3, 2014

Penny Black and Accordian Circle Valentines

First of all, a GREAT BIG THANK YOU for all my blogging and stamping friends that helped me celebrate my first "Running With Scissors" column on the Penny Black blog.  I read and appreciated every comment.  The next column will be published on February 15th.
 
The week before my column appeared, Penny Black invited Kelly Booth to share her incredible work on their blog.  Of course, Kelly made several interactive cards for which she is well known.
 
Kelly so inspired me that I spent my weekend making Valentines for a grandson and granddaughter using Penny Black stamps and Elizabeth Crafts dies connecting with my "inner Kelly".

This card took HOURS and still wouldn't be finished if Kelly hadn't given me this link to the video that clearly demonstrates how to cut out and assemble the card.  I calculated my time at the rate I was paid before retirement and this became a $300 card!
 
 
The second card took a fraction of the time and I enjoyed the process ... similar to assembling a fun jigsaw puzzle.    The Penny Black stamps are so cute and the diecuts are so precise that the card is fun to make.  I loved that I had a punch to create the puzzle pieces to trim this card .. perfect!
 
My extra thanks to Kelly for the flurry of emails, the encouragement and the applause when I was finished!!  Blogging friends are the best!
 
Thanks for stopping by! 
 
Supplies:
Stamps:  Penny Black Pieces of my Heart 30-042
Dies:       Elizabeth Crafts Accordian Circle Card 769
                                           Square with Circle Frame Edges 768

10 comments:

joy said...

WOW! You must have the patience of Job to spend that much time on a card, Judy! Perseverance does pay off though. These turned out so nicely and the PB stamps are some of my favorites.

Kelly Booth said...

Always here for you....
You did a Fabulous Job!!!!!! Love Love!!!!!!

Cindy C. said...

But the end results are worth it Judy!! Your card is so adorable, I love it!!!!!

Cat Craig said...

Both cards are wonderful, and the time was well spent. Bet you can make it in your sleep now!

Rosemary said...

fantastic interactive card, judy!!

Dawn T said...

worth every second Judy. Both your cards are delightful. Well done on getting the first one finished and looking stunning.

Karen B said...

Fabulous! I'm so glad Kelly was able to link you to the video and that it helped you understand how the accordions go together. Your creations are amazing!

Sue Ann F. said...

I love both of your cards. I like that even though both of your cards started with the same base, they look totally different due to your finishes.

Greta said...

These are darling, Judy!

donna mikasa said...

Love the little hedgies on the accordion card--a wonderful little masterpiece!