Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Mimi is the Teacher's Pet


Penny Black's woodblock stamp "Teacher's Pet" caught my eye this week, as many schools are celebrating Teacher Appreciation day.  I think Mimi is perfect to say "Thank You".
 
I pulled out my Creative Dies to make this background and the chat bubble.
 
4216H Teacher's Pet; 51-003 Chat Bubbles: 51-042 Petals; 30-230 Sunny Hello
Mimi is colored with Copics and fussy cut and mounted on the Petals diecut background.

4216H Teacher's Pet; 51-009 Dots; 51-032 Pennant;  51-003 Chap Bubbles;  30-230 Sunny Hello
Another Mimi colored with Copics and mounted on the Creative Die background Dots.  I added some pennants, and of course the chat bubble for the sentiment.
4216H Teacher's Pet; 30-230 Sunny Hello; 51-003 Chat Bubbles
Just another color combination, using my Copic markers.  I am liking the simplicity of this one.

4216H Teacher's Pet; 30-230 Sunny Hello; 51-003 Chat Bubble
I think this is my favorite!  I stamped Mimi directly to the circle and  paper pieced the hat and dress.  I kept this little card very simple and could easily have made multiples.  Anytime I can use red and white gingham ribbon, I am a happy stamper.

I am happy that a Teacher Appreciation day has been added to the school calendar.  However, every day should be a day to appreciate the teachers who have the responsibility of ensuring our children can read, write and do their math; along with everything else teachers are required to do!

We just experienced two days of severe storms with tornadoes touching down around us.  It's a scary experience, being at the mercy of the elements!  A week of pure sunshine ahead of us now.

Thanks for popping in!  Mimi and I love visitors!





1 comment:

Dawn T said...

Glad you survive the storms. Today's cards are simply the sweetest Judy. Love them all.