Thursday, April 17, 2014

Mimi's Big Day by Penny Black

Now that she's graduated, Mimi is celebrating the next big step ... a wedding!!  
4249K Mimi's Big Day;  30-014 Salutations
 
I love this adorable image of Mimi and her love on their big day!  The image included confetti and tiny hearts raining down on the happy couple.  I decided that this would make a great shaker card.

I colored the image with Copics and then stitched a sheet of acrylic over it on three sides.  I then put a mix of sequins into that "pouch" and a couple of wooden shapes to provide space for the sequins to move about.  After stitching up the fourth side, I went around the edges with Washi tape and then stitched around the edges again for a decorative look.

Shaker cards are easy and fun to make using this method.  And the sequins don't get caught in the edges and become immobile.

I'm so glad to be revisiting some of the classic Penny Black stamps.  They remind me of why I fell in love with Penny Black!

Sunny, but not much warmer today.  A bride would be wearing a warm jacket if she were being married here today.  Even the beautiful blooming dogwood trees are shivering. 

Thanks for stopping by .. be sure to grab a piece of wedding cake before you go! 

1 comment:

Greta said...

Oh wow--I really love this one! Adorable & so cheery!