Monday, May 12, 2014

Berry Tree by Penny Black


Hello!!  Hope all the mothers had a day that made them feel very special!!  We were privileged to have a barbecue luncheon with dear friends who have become family.  We topped it off by going out to dinner at my favorite place for Chinese food.  Oh yes, and while dh mowed the lawn, I took a trip to Michael's just to browse and pick up a few "necessities"!

There was time for stamping, too!


4342K Berry Tree  30-162 Eloquence
 
I've been going through my collection of Penny Black stamps lately, especially the wood block stamps.  I understand the convenience and economy of cling stamps, but my wood block stamps feel like old friends. 
I love the Tiffany blue and tan combo, brightened up with a cheerful ribbon pinched with twine.  This was an easy card to make once I thought of blue accents.

The image is stamped with VersaFine black onyx ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder.    "Element" stamps such as these are so versatile and can be adapted to any occasion.

I hope your Monday is going well!!  Beautiful May is in full bloom here.  The grass hasn't turned crispy from too much sun yet and the Knock Out roses are in full bloom.  Be sure to take some time for yourself today. 

3 comments:

Barb said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day, Judy. Love your beautiful card! You're right - the blue and tan combo is lovely! Sending hugs! ♥

Dawn T said...

very pretty Judy. Glad your weather is improving.

Lucille K said...

I like this CAS card Judy. Oh heck, I like all of your cards :)